Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm a starter

I'm a starter. By nature. One time I started a "100 push ups 5 days a week then re-evaluate progress after six months" program. Two weeks later I started a new program that didn't involve push ups. I once started reading Les Miserables. Surprisingly I made it half way through before starting Pillars of the Earth. A couple years back I started putting a thin layer of coffee grounds on the top of my coffee as a delicacy. Angie said I was gross and I said you mean the coffee is gross and she said no you are gross. She ended up being right on both accounts and my coffee is once again creamy smooth. Delicacy free. A few months back I started setting my alarm at 6:15am every morning so I could "center myself" and such. It turns out 6:15am is a rather chilly time to get up not to mention dark time to get up so I now center myself here and there....

I started a book club with my family recently. Me, Ang, Jordan (her brother) and Clair (their mother). We all picked a classic. I read the first one and that's it. Book club disbanded. I was to blame. Good news is we started it up again and I'm half way through Slaughterhouse Five. I plan to finish. I always plan to finish. I just need to get started. I started this blog post one time called "I'm a starter" and it was about how I tend to start things but never fin





3 comments:

Jordan said...

Yeah, I know exactly where you're coming from. I too am cursed with the starter gene. But you're on your own with the coffee grounds thing...

Anonymous said...

hey jordan, whatever happened to your blog? i used to enjoy checking out your thoughts on what was going on. assuming this is the same jordan, angie's brother...just saying...john started again.

john, you are the wind beneath my wings. thanks for the smile and assurance i am not alone.

Jordan said...

Blair,

Unfortunately, my blog become yet another victim of my starter gene. I'll probably start another one eventually (and then quit a few months later, then start another one, etc.) :-)