Saturday, November 7, 2009

Monarchs

I used to be a blogger. Every day and twice on Wednesdays. I also used to have something to say. The past year was a curious sandwich. Europe and Launching my own business with a lot of EI in between. It was a year where Angie and I decided to leave church work in favor of a question mark. Thankfully the question mark turned into a period and is continuing its transformation into an exclamation. We expect to be Monarchs soon.

3 nights ago I stayed up past midnight to read our Europe blog from start to finish. I was immediately thankful that Angie and I had taken the time to jot down our experiences as a year later I was able to appreciate their richness and beauty once again. When I had finished I was challenged to pick up the pen and start writing again as I was hit with the realization that a year from now I will wish I had written. The only condition was Angie would have to pick up and write too.

We've called this blog Minding our own Business because we are. It often feels like we entered some kind of reverse witness protection program as everything in our lives has changed except our names. New Province, New City, New Vehicle, New House, New Church, New School, New Career, New Business to name a few. Minding our own Business takes most of our attention these days as we've set our sights high even uttering the word franchise. It's been a great 5 months planning, plotting, dreaming and doing. Our business has been received well by the community and there are many reasons to expect that will continue to be the case.

We're looking forward to December 3, when the Sundance Film favorite Fuel comes to town. Lush Eco Lawns is an official sponsor as, together, we promote our joint message of sustainability. In the meantime, we are finishing our fall treatments, putting the final touches on our website and gearing up for our first winter. We have, what we feel is a great winter biz idea but time will tell, just as we will, next post.

Thank for reading. We plan to update regularly. In other news, we haven't gotten the flu shot...

John and Ang


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best news of my day is that you guys started a blog again. i'm so glad things are going well for you.