Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Man Ethan

One of the reasons I started my own business was I knew it would be great training ground for the kiddoes, Ethan especially. Ethan has always enjoyed grunt work. When he was 4 years old I took him out with the men to cut 3-4 cords of firewood and he worked all day long, so long in fact the men began to grunt words of affirmation. Ethan would just smile and swing the ax harder, which is our secret. *index finger on pursed lips* Years later he's still that same hard worker. Just today I picked him up from school and asked if he wanted to "come work with dad to finish off a job." It was pouring, it always is these days, and so I kinda expected him to decline in favor of warmth and Wii. He accepted though only demanding a snack and his usual pay ($5/hr for light gardening duties, $10 for man work). One hour later we arrived home soaked and weary after filling the back of the truck with drain rock. Ethan showered up then we watched the Oilers beat the best team in the West. See! Own your own business and everybody wins.

John

P.S. Our new Lush website is hiccuping right now. I've tried to sneak up on it and scream as well as dumping water on it but they haven't gone away. Hopefully Angie (webmaster) can do her magic.

No comments: